Keep post-workout simple with this refreshing, creamy, strawberry protein shake! Made with just six ingredients, this post-workout smoothie has all the fuel you need to replenish, refuel, and get out the door!
If you work out in the mornings, chances are you need a post-workout snack that’s quick, simple, and can be taken with you.
But just shaking up some protein powder and water in a cup isn’t anyone’s idea of delicious.
Instead, take the extra three minutes to blend up this strawberry protein shake recipe and ENJOY your fuel.
This post-workout protein shake is:
· Made in under five minutes
· Allergy-friendly (dairy-free, gluten-free)
· Naturally sweetened
· A great snack midday too
Don’t think that upping your protein intake needs to be boring. You can also whip up this creamy, strawberry protein shake into a bowl and top it with your favorite, homemade, crunchy granola!
Ingredients You Need
Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder: the protein powder you choose can and will affect both the taste and the texture of the smoothie (learn more below).
Strawberries: they can be fresh or frozen strawberries however know that frozen strawberries will make the protein shake creamier.
Dairy-free milk: we like to use homemade creamy hemp milk for our smoothies. However, almond milk or another non-dairy milk works just fine.
Dates: skip the added sugar and use dates! Dates are a natural sweetener and a great way to boost glucose stores post-workout.
Oats: opt for gluten-free as needed. Regular oats help thicken the protein shake and gives you a bit of extra fuel.
How To Make The Strawberry Protein Shake Recipe
- Measure all the ingredients you’ll need
- Combine the ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into a jar and enjoy!
Step By Step Photos
Important Teaching Tips
The kind of protein you choose will affect the strawberry protein smoothie. This strawberry protein shake was made with vegan protein powder which absorbs more liquid than whey protein. Likewise, every vegan protein powder is slightly different so different blends will alter the texture.
Learn more about choosing protein powder for your goals.
If using frozen strawberries, place them into the blender last so make sure they process smoothly. Fresh strawberries will leave the protein smoothie slightly thinner.
The strawberry protein shake can be topped with any of your favorites below:
- Coconut whipped cream
- Protein granola
- Fresh fruit
- Peanut butter
This strawberry protein smoothie was made with Genuine Healths Vanilla Protein.
Genuine Health’s Fermented Vegan Protein Powder helps fuel your goals, recover and stay full.
Made with 20 grams of plant-based protein, this vegan protein powder is dairy-free, gluten-free, non-GMO, and certified organic. It’s also been voted one of the best tasting vegan protein powders.
But best of all is that this protein is fermented. This helps break down the “anti-nutrient” in grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes that often causes bloating.
This protein literally gives you the best of both worlds in a smoothie recipe.
Shop the Genuine Health Store on Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Strawberry Protein Shake
Though whey protein will work and render the strawberry protein shake sweeter, it will also alter the texture to be a little less thick and creamy.
If made ahead of time and stored in the fridge the protein shake will thin and separate. If you want to save time, package all the ingredients into a container in the freezer so that you just need to toss it all in in the morning instead.
Of course! Switching the flavor of protein powder is a great way to change up the shake. This recipe uses vanilla protein powder and is flavored with real strawberries because it’s easiest. However, using strawberry or strawberry banana protein is equally delicious.
More High Protein Recipes You’ll Love
- High protein pomegranate smoothie
- Strawberry & fig smoothie
- Turmeric peach smoothie
- Mango orange smoothie
- Cookies and Cream Protein Shake
- Chocolate chip protein powder muffins
- Chunky monkey shake
- Chocolate coconut energy balls
- Protien granola
- No-bake cookie dough bites
- High protein snack recipes
- No-bake snack recipes
Dairy-Free Strawberry Smoothie
- 7 Strawberries
- 4 Ice cubes
- ⅓ cup Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- ¾ cup Hemp Milk
- 2 Dates
- 2 tbs oats
- Add all ingreidents to a high powered blender.
- Process until smooth and combined.
- Pour into a glass, top with your favorites (if using) and enjoy!
- The kind of protein you chose will affect the strawberry protein smoothie. This strawberry shake was made with vegan protein powder which absorbs more liquid than whey protein. Likewise, every vegan protein powder is slightly different so different blends will alter the texture.
- If using frozen strawberries, place them into the blender last so make sure they process smoothly.