Enjoy a burst of hydration with this fizzy watermelon slushie recipe! With only three ingredients it's easy to whip up and the perfect way to cool down on a summer's day.
Naturally sweetened, you can enjoy this watermelon slushie virgin as is or spiked. We all know we need to keep our water intake high, especially in the summer months. And since watermelon is 92% water, it's the perfect food to get the job done!
Watermelon is also the perfect drink to sip on because it's so low in calories!
This watermelon slushie recipe contains only three ingredients and you won't believe that it comes together un under 5-minutes!
This slushie is:
- quick to make
- a great way to fuel up while still playing
Ingredients You Need To Make The Recipe
As mentioned, this recipe only requires three ingredients keeping it ultra-simple!
Watermelon: frozen watermelon chunks work best for the slushie and definitely ups the "cool" factor of it. However, fresh watermelon will work as well!
Strawberries: the slushy is naturally sweetened (and naturally pink!) from strawberries! Again, frozen will create a better, chunkier texture but both will work.
Perrier: the easiest way to make something "fancy" is to add a bit of fizz! This is my staple when it comes to healthy mocktails too. While you can use flavored Perrier, the original works just fine.
Lime Juice: totally optional but a great addition! Lime juice gives a burst of flavor and energy. You can either use the lime juice right in the watermelon slushie or use wedges as a garnish.
How To Make A Spiked Watermelon Slush
One of the most fun things about this fizzy watermelon slushy recipe is that it's fun for kids (virgin!) and adults (spiked!).
If you want to make a Watermelon Slush Cocktail, simply use the additions below:
- 2 shots of your favorite vodka (does anyone else adore Titos?
- Add 5 more strawberries or 3 more ice cubes
Garnish with lime juice and indulge!
Step By Step Photos
How To Make Watermelon Slushies
- Add all ingredients except perrier to a high-powered blender.
- Process until combined and semi-smooth (you don't want it too thin).
- Pour into glasses and add in perrier water.
- Garnish with a lime (or lime juice), or fresh mint and serve.
Important Teaching Tips
Frozen watermelon chunks will create a thicker watermelon slush (and chunkier) than fresh watermelon.
You can use flavored perrier water but the recipe is delicious with regular.
Lime juice added onto the top (or lime zest) creates an ultra-refreshing flavor. Note that some people love lemon juice as a flavor combo instead!
Nutrient-Dense Smoothie Recipes
If you’re looking to make healthy eating simple, look no further than my e-book Sunday Smoothies where I’ve gathered 15, tasty, superfood-based recipes perfect for busy moms. Every flavor from classic green goddess smoothies to indulgent chocolate, kiwi to chocolate cherry. These healthy smoothie recipes all share a few things in common:
- They are healthy and simple to make
- All the recipes are dairy-free and gluten-free
- All of the recipes are real-food based and focus on nutrients and not fillers
- They’re loaded with extras in the form of superfoods
My girls and I have a smoothie every day. Mainly, because it makes is simple to load up on healthy fuel while running out the door! Make healthy eating LESS stressful and feel like you’re eating ice cream more often by grabbing your copy of Sunday Smoothies.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Fizzy Watermelon Slushie Recipe
Yes! watermelon is loaded with water but also some crucial nutrients. It's an easy way to stay hydrated in warmer weather. You can eat watermelon as it, however, many people enjoy freezing watermelon and using them in watermelon slush or as watermelon ice cubes!
Though you can blend the watermelon seeds, most people won't enjoy the texture of them in a drink. If making watermelon juice you can strain the pulp and seeds out after blending. However, if making watermelon slushies you'll want to remove the black seeds prior to blending.
For More Delicious Recipes
- Refreshing Watermelon Smoothie
- Creamy Chunky Monkey Smoothie
- Frozen yogurt bananas
- Chocolate covered frozen bananas
- Vanilla Protein Ice Cream
- Turmeric Peach Smoothie
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Cookies and Cream Protein Shake
- Chocolate chip protein powder muffins
- Chocolate coconut energy balls
- Protien granola
- No-bake cookie dough bites
- High protein snack recipes
- No-bake snack recipes
Fizzy Watermelon Slushie
- 3 cups chopped watermelon seeded
- 7 strawberries
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 can Perrier original
- Place the watermelon, strawberries and ice cubes into a powerful blender.
- Blend until combined.
- Pour the mixture into two glasses and top with the Perrier. Once the Perrier hits it will start to fizz.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Tip: place the watermelon on the bottom (instead of the ice) to make it easier
- Adding some lime juice to the drink makes all the flavors more awesome. You can add the lime juice into the smoothie, as a garnish or squeezed on top.
- You can garnish the watermelon slush with a slice of lime or fresh mint.
This slushy is the perfect way to stay cool in the summer.
It's a summer drink recipe that is a tasty option for both moms and kids to rehydrate! With only three ingredients this slushy recipe whips up in under five minutes and will keep you cool all summer long.