Fizzy Watermelon SlushyStay cool and refreshed during the warm weather with this simple slushy recipe! Just like frozen yogurt banana bites, watermelon is a staple during summertime. And this refreshing summer drink is just as simple to make and utterly hydrating! We all know we need to keep our water intake high, especially in the summer months. And since watermelon is 92% water. it's the perfect food to get the job done! Watermelon also contains a host of vitamins and minerals which are all packed into butt-kicking, low-calorie perfection. This watermelon slushy contains only three ingredients and you won't believe that it comes together un under 5-minutes! A total summertime staple (as are these frozen chocolate-covered bananas!) Don't want to read? JUMP to the recipe here!
You’ll Love This Summer Drink Recipe Because It Is
- quick to make
- a great way to fuel up while still playing
How To Make This Watermelon Drink "Adult"Summer months mean lots of gathering, barbeques, and outside fun. It also means that sometimes we want more than just water to sip on! Since I spent two super long summers pregnant, I came up with a variety of healthy mocktails to sip on when I needed to feel a bit more included. However, this summer drink made a frequent appearance too. And the best part about this slushy recipe is that it works for both moms and kids. Thanks to the addition of Perrier, this summer drink fizzes when it's made- which my kids adore! And for us mamas, this watermelon slushy recipe easily turns into an indulgent, frozen alcoholic drink. If you want to make a Watermelon Slush Cocktail, simply use the additions below:
- 2 shots of your favorite vodka (anyone else adore Titos?
- Add 5 more strawberries or 3 more ice cubes
Nutrient-Dense Smoothie RecipesIf you’re looking to make healthy eating simple, look no further than my e-book Sunday Smoothies where I’ve gathered 15, tasty, superfood-based recipes perfect for busy moms. Every flavor from classic green goddess smoothies to indulgent chocolate, kiwi to chocolate cherry. These healthy smoothie recipes all share a few things in common:
- They are healthy and simple to make
- All the recipes are dairy-free and gluten-free
- All of the recipes are real-food based and focus on nutrients and not fillers
- They’re loaded with extras in the form of superfoods
- 3 cups chopped watermelon, seeded
- 7 prepped strawberries
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 can Perrier original
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
How To Make The Slushy RecipePlace the watermelon, strawberries, and ice cubes into a powerful blender. Blend until combined. Tip: place the watermelon on the bottom (instead of the ice) to make it easier. Pour the watermelon drink into two glasses. Top with the Perrier. Once the Perrier hits it will start to fizz. Enjoy immediately. Makes 2 large servings
For More Delicious Summer Smoothie Recipes Check-Out:
- Refreshing Watermelon Smoothie
- Creamy Chunky Monkey Smoothie
- Turmeric Peach Smoothie
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
Don't forget to pin this tasty slushy recipe!
Fizzy Watermelon Slushy
This fizzy, refreshing summer drink is perfectly pink and delicious! Make and enjoy it as is for the kids or add a little vodka to make an easy watermelon slush cocktail.
- High powered blender
- 3 cups chopped watermelon seeded
- 7 strawberries
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 can Perrier original
- Place the watermelon, strawberries and ice cubes into a powerful blender.
- Blend until combined.
- Pour the mixture into two glasses and top with the Perrier. Once the Perrier hits it will start to fizz.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Tip: place the watermelon on the bottom (instead of the ice) to make it easier
- Adding a squeeze of lime to the drink makes all the flavors more awesome 😉
Calories: 82kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 5mgPotassium: 320mgFiber: 2gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 1295IUVitamin C: 43.1mgCalcium: 23mgIron: 0.7mg