Indulge in summer with these individual, mini, peanut butter s'mores cups! Enjoy all the indulgence of buttery graham cracker, topped with dark chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and a marshmallow to finish it off.
These s'mores cups make the perfect, no-mess, backyard campfire addition!
There are few things as classic about summertime as the flavor of homemade smores. And now you can enjoy that comfort without pitching a fire!
These mini s'mores cups have all the flavor of the traditional version but they’re bite-sized and pre-made instead!
Sweetened with a hint of honey and topped with peanut butter, the base of these cups is a blend of classic graham crackers with dark chocolate.
You’ll be struggling not too eat them all!
- Easy to make (6 ingredients!)
- A no-bake recipe
- Allergy-friendly (dairy-free, gluten-free)
- A classic flavor
- No baking required
- The ultimate summer indulgence
Ingredients You’ll Need
As a Certified Nutrition Coach, I love that you don't need any melted butter or powdered sugar for this no-bake dessert! But they'll come out just an indulgent.
Dark chocolate: grab large chocolate chips or even big thick squares. The choice is yours as you will be melting it down. I find that the smores cups taste best with %85 but some people don’t like theirs as tart.
Coconut oil: this is what replaces melted butter from a classic recipe. Know that cold-pressed, extra virgin coconut oil has the best health perks but it also has a slight coconut taste. So, use what you’re comfortable with.
Honey: you only need a hint in the graham cracker crust as this is what helps hold them together and replaces any need for powdered sugar. Make sure to use real honey and not pasteurized and processed honey.
Marshmallows: you want the mini marshmallows for these bite-sized cups! Though you can find healthier, vegan marshmallows, any of them will work as they don’t need to be melted.
Step By Step Photos
How To Make S'mores Cups
- Crush graham crackers (to make graham cracker crumbs) and melt coconut oil.
- Pour oil and honey into graham crackers and stir.
- Portion the graham cracker crusts into a silicone mini muffin pan ¾ full and press down. Make sure there is a small divot in the middle of each cup.
- Add a dollop of melted chocolate chips over the top of the graham crackers cups.
- Scoop out the peanut butter into the middle.
- Add mini marshmallows on top
- Pop in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Important Teaching Tips
The graham cracker cups won’t look wet enough after mixing, but that’s okay! The harder you press them into the silicone mini muffin pan the better they’ll hold together.
Make sure not to fill the muffin pan to the top with crust, otherwise the chocolate will spill over. Fill ¾ of the way and make sure to leave a tiny divot in the middle to hold a pudding of chocolate and peanut butter.
Use fresh, real peanut butter to ensure the s'mores cups are extra creamy.
How To Serve Them
The s'mores cups only need to be in the freezer long enough to set. After that, they can be stored in the fridge or freezer.
If stored in the freezer, let them sit at room temperature for 10-30 minutes. If in the fridge, you can eat them right away.
They also taste great ever slightly warmed up then they taste just like you're beside a campfire and rocking toasted marshmallow!
You will want a silicone mold for the s'mores cups. Ideally, one that results in a bite-size treat! Regular, paper muffin cups won’t allow you to press the graham cracker crusts into them as well. Likewise, they peel a bit coming off.
A silicone mold just lets you pop them right now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Kids love popping on the peanut butter and marshmallows. So, get them into the kitchen to help you. Because there’s no actual baking required for these s'mores cups they’re a great one to get kids' help on.
Though the flavor would be delicious, I can’t say if they would hold together well enough coming out of the molds. The graham cracker may crumble a bit more.
Other Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Dessert Ideas
- Dairy-free protein truffles
- Candy cane fudge
- The BEST dairy-free brownies
- White chocolate fudge
- Peppermint patty bars
- Fudgy protein brownies
- Chocolate chip protein powder muffins
- Chocolate frosted cashew cookies
- Sugar-free pudding
- Healthy chocolate pudding
- Peanut butter thumbprint cookies
- Chocolate covered frozen bananas
- High protein snack ideas
- Healthy dessert recipes
Gluten-Free S'mores Cups
- Crush the graham crackers and melt coconut oil.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with coconut oil and honey. It won’t look coated but that’s ok.
- Fill the graham cracker crusts to ¾ of the top of each silicone muffin molds and press down. Make sure there is a small divot in the middle of each cup and you’re not going to the top of the mold or the chocolate will run over.
- The harder you press down the better it will stick.
- Heat the chocolate over low until just melted. Portion a dollop of chocolate over top of the graham crackers cups.
- Then scoop out the peanut butter into the middle of each s'mores cup.
- Finally, add a marshmallow on top and crumble more graham crackers if you have them.
- Pop in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data"