Last updated on February 16th, 2019
10 Minute Ab Workout
Looking for stronger more functional abs in just 10 minutes per day? Don’t jump towards sit ups and crunches, instead opt for the fast ab stimulating workout below! It’s only ten minutes long, simple the execute and will have your abs fired up in no time.
10 Minute Ab Workout
- Parlof press 10 reps
- Plank 30 seconds
- Vups 10 reps
- Side planks 30s
Perform each exercise back to back for the prescribed number of repetitions. Rest for thirty seconds then repeat for a total of two rounds.
Perform ten repetitions of parlof presses on each side.
- Using a cable machine or resistance band, come into a standing position beside the anchor point with the band tight and held with both hands at chest height
- Keep a neutral body position
- Press the band away from the body
- Pause and resist the temptation to rotate towards the tension
- Return the band to chest height and repeat.
A wonderful exercise for the core muscles. This goal of this exerciseis to prevent or resist rotation through the torso. To do this, your core muscles must work together to stabilize the torso.
Perform this exercise for 30 seconds.
- Come onto your forearms and toes with your hips and tummy off the ground
- Contract all muscles in the body (squeeze the glutes, press the arms away from each other, fully extend the legs)
- Keep your hips in line or slightly below the shoulders
- Hold for the time prescribed
Perform this exercise for 10 repetitions.
- Begin by laying on your back
- Use your abs to raise your lower torso and upper body up off the ground into a V position
- Release the position and return to the ground. Repeat.
Perform this exercise for 10 reps
- Lay on your side with your shoulders stacked and feet on top of each other
- Press into the floor and raise the hips off the ground
- Keep a straight line through the shoulders, hips and feet. Keep the chest open
- Hold for thirty seconds. Release and repeat on the other side
These exercises target all of the ab muscles and muscles of the torso. They’re simple the execute but challenging as a circuit.
You’ll want to have a red resistance band on hand as well as a workout mat to make the exercises more comfortable. And if you’re really feeling strong, do those vups with a medicine ball or able weights!
Use these exercises to fire up your abs in a speedy ten minute workout! This mini ab circuit can be done anywhere and is the perfect way to target your core.
Quick Tip: My go-to store for equipment is Pro Source! They have awesome gear at fair prices.. plus, if you use the code “mamabear15” you save fifteen percent on the best price on the site – win!