Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner (Paleo, Whole30 Option)
Sheet pan dinner recipes help keep 30 minute meals simple, and this sausage and veggies dish is no exception! Made with just sausages, green beans, and tomatoes but topped with a quick honey garlic sauce, this healthy dinner makes the perfect weeknight meal (just like the recipes in the Busy Mom's Cookbook!)
Need to whip up a healthy dinner in a pinch? This one is for you!
Cooked on just one baking tray this paleo dinner recipe is an easy hit. Plus, it’s made in just thirty minutes with no clean-up. The perfect whole30, weeknight dinner.
Which Sausages To Use
Any sausages will work for this recipe. However, the flavor you choose will affect the taste of the dish.
This recipe was made with both mild Italian, pork sausages as well as honey garlic ones. Both are perfect for kiddos. Given that the sauce for the sheet pan recipe is honey garlic, those ones tend to compliment the dish a bit more. Likewise, all beef or turkey sausages should be fine too!
Just make sure to use actual sausages and not packaged breakfast sausages.
Like the sausages, many vegetables will work. While the recipe calls for green beans and tomatoes, other favorites are:
- Sliced carrots
Keep in mind that tomatoes and green beans cook very quickly. For vegetables that are thicker you’ll want to chop or slice them very thinly so that they cook in just thirty minutes.
By the time the dinner is ready, some of the tomatoes will have burst. If this isn’t something you like, you’ll have to add the tomatoes halfway through cooking.
Can I Add Potatoes?
This sausage and veggies dinner was made to be whole30 approved. Thus, no potatoes.
If that isn’t a concern to you then, of course, you can use potatoes! Mini potatoes work best and you’ll want to make sure you quarter them so that they crisp up nicely.
Serving The Meal
This sheet pan dinner is simple. This means you can keep the recipe very light and serve it as is.
However, if you find you need a bit “more”, serve the sheet pan dinner on top of cooked spaghetti squash. Not only is this a great low-carb option but it also helps stretch the meal.
This recipe does call for honey within the sauce. If following the whole30 diet, use date paste instead or just omit all-together. Learn more about whole30 approved foods.
FAQ’s & Tips For Cooking
- The veggies used can be replaced by others so long as thicker veggies (like carrots or beets) are sliced thinly
- The kind of sausages you choose will affect the flavor of the recipe
- Make sure to have the sausages placed on the outside of the pan and the vegetables in the middle. This makes it so the sausages cook fully and the vegetables don't overcook
- The “dressing’ doesn’t look like enough. However, when the sausages cook and release their juice it evens out
- Soya sauce can be used in place of coconut aminos if not following a paleo diet
- Omit the honey or use date paste if you need to make this recipe whole30 approved
- 5 mild sausages of choice, sliced
- 4 cups green beans, trimmed
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 2 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbs coconut aminos
- 1.5 tbs honey
Don’t Forget To Pin This Sausage & Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner
Grab Your printable
Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
More Sheet Pan Dinner Ideas
Simple sheet pan dinners are a great way to go for busy nights! Below are a couple of other favorites: