An efficient full body workout with one dumbbell geared towards helping you sculpt and strengthen. This at-home workout fits seamlessly into a busy schedule.
Strengthen your entire body with just one dumbbell and four exercises. If you're struggling to stay consistent, this full body workout gives you the biggest bang for your buck.
This workout places an extra emphasis on posterior chain exercises which help to:
- Improve strength
- Torch fat
- Increase mobility
- Prevent injury
|Bulgarian Split Squat With Parlof Press||8/leg|
|Push Up With Jump Out||10|
|Rest||30-60 seconds x4 sets|
To perform the workout: complete all exercises in order for the prescribed number of repetitions. Rest at the end of the set for 30-60 seconds and repeat for 4 sets.
Which Weight Should I Choose For The Workout?
You want a weight that is challenging but not unrealistic.
Since this dumbbell workout challenges your core quite a bit, err on the side of lighter. This is because if you’re core fatigued and doesn’t do its job, the low back will take up the slack (which will not feel good).
For most women, I’d recommend starting with 12lbs and working up to 15lbs.
Tips To Perform The Workout
Don’t forget to make sure your form is spot on and that you’re activating the muscles you should be! This is far more important than anything else and one of the things I stress to my moms in the SMASH workout program.
Don’t just go through the motions- it's a time waster.
Bulgarian Split Squat With Parlof Press
- Set up in lunge position with the left leg elevated on the bench and the right knee over the heel. Hold the single dumbbell in your hands at chest height.
- Ass you push backward and drop the left knee towards the floor while keeping the right knee facing forwards.
- Pause and press the dumbbell out from your chest. Return it.
- Squeeze the glute of the right leg as you push through the heel to reverse the movement and extend the hips to the starting position.
- Perform all repetitions on the right leg before moving on to the next.
- Come into a plank position with the glutes squeezed and feet shoulder-width apart. Place the dumbbell in the center of your hands.
- Keep the hips squared and use the back muscles to row one arm up to your chest (pinching the shoulder blades together at the top) while maintaining the plank.
- Pause and return the hand to the starting position. Repeat on the other side.
- Use a dumbbell and note the mini band in the image.
- Stand with your feet much wider than shoulder-width apart. Hold the dumbbell at chest height.
- Keep the right leg straight as you push your hips back and start to bend the left leg and sink down.
- Keep the left foot fully on the ground and aim to touch your bum to the back of your calf. While doing this, the right leg can rotate so that the toe points up.
- Reverse the movement and come to the top of the standing position.
Push-Ups With Jump Out
- Come into a plank position.
- Keep the elbows tucked as you lower toward the ground in a push up position.
- Push back up to the starting position (full plank) and jump the feet in toward your hands.
- Jump the feet back out and repeat the push up.
Stop FALLING OFF The Fitness Wagon
Do you start a new workout plan only to fall off of it weeks later?
Imagine the compliments you’ll get from family and friends when you finally lose those few extra pounds and skyrocket your confidence.
Discover the ultimate solution for busy moms seeking a quick and effective workout routine at home. As an exhausted mom of three, I designed these 25-minute sessions to fit seamlessly into your busy schedule to help you increase strength, stamina, and confidence.
Other programs have you doing cardio HIIT workouts complete with burpees and jump squats on the daily. But let’s be honest, just showing up for that is draining as a mom.
With SMASH Fit For Life you can say goodbye to that frustrated thought that you’re failing because you can’t seem to stick with it. Instead, these workouts focus on getting STRONGER with just one set of dumbbells and a mini band so that showing up for your workouts isn’t the worst part of your day.
Plus, you have direct access to a Certified Strength Coach anytime you have questions (or need some motivation!).
No more feeling guilty about missed gym sessions or overwhelmed about WHAT to do. The SMASH program was made for busy moms. Choose from a variety of packages and start prioritizing yourself today so that you can better help your family tomorrow.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dumbbell Workouts
It’s important to take rest days in a full body dumbbell workout routine. But that doesn’t mean you need to be sedentary during them. A rest day is a great time to do low-impact cardio, yoga, or mobility work
This workout can be done 2-3 times per week ensuring there is days between for recovery. Or, you can combine it with other full body workouts to make a well rounded weekly workout routine.
Both kinds of workouts can give results. However, if you're short on time or only plan to work out a couple days per week, a full body workout routine gives you the best bang for your buck as it doesn't just hit one muscle group once per week but multiple muscle groups multiple times.
More Home Workouts & Fitness Tips For Busy Moms
- 3 day dumbbell workout routine
- Busy mom workout
- Best equipment for home workouts
- Dumbbell workout for strong legs
- High protein snack recipes
- Fitness tips for moms
- Learn how to get better at push ups