Last updated on February 14th, 2019
Fast Full body Workout At Home
Stay fit and keep it simple with this fast full body workout you can do at home! With only five exercises this at home workout is done in under fifteen minutes, sweaty and effective. An easy workout to squeeze into a babes nap and all you need is a green mini band.
Fast Full body Workout At Home
- Band Squat With Pause 12 reps
- Mini Band Plank Row 7/arm
- Reverse Lunge With Kick 10/leg
- Green Band Supermans 10
- Sumo Walks 30
Perform each exercise back to back for the prescribed number of repetitions. Rest for thirty seconds then repeat for a total of three rounds.
Band Squat With Pause
Perform twelve repetitions.
- Place the mini band below your knees
- Perform a squat by hinging at the hips and flexing at the knees sinking backwards
- Pause at the bottom of the squat for three seconds
- Drive the knees out by using the glutes
- Reverse the movement and return to standing
An amazing exercise to boost glute activation and ramp up your squats. Using a mini band helps boost strength, improves technique and is a great squat variation (check out my favorite squat variations here)
Mini Band Plank Row
Perform this exercise for seven repetitions on each arm
- Place the mini band around the hands and come into a plank position on the hands
- Keeping the hips squared and low back neutral, row up against one hand using your back muscles
- Contract your back muscles so your shoulder goes down and in
- Return the hand to the floor and repeat on the other side trying to resist the urge to shift the hips
A fun exercise that targets the core and the rest of the body! Challenge yourself to maintain your position and engage all your muscles, not just the front abs.
Lunge With Kick
Perform this exercise for repetitions per leg
- Standing upright, step back with one leg
- Flex the knees and come into a lunge, hinging the torso forward slightly
- Use the front foot and leg to pull the back foot up
- Drive through with the back leg to kick in front
- Return leg to start position and repeat on the other side
A full body exercise that targets your muscles as well as your cardio system and balance! Keep control by moving slowly until you get the hang of it and then ramp up the speed.
Mini Band Supermans
Perform for a total of ten repetitions
- Lay on the floor tummy down and place the mini band around the wrists (palms facing each other)
- Use the glutes and upper back muscles to lift the legs and chest off the floor
- Press your arms out against the mini band
- Keep the neck neutral
- Return to laying on the floor and repeat
The superman exercises help develop strength and mobility through the posterior chain. It requires you to use the glutes (which are often under-activated) to lift the body. Using a mini band gives more engagement in the upper back and shoulders
Perform for a total of thirty repetitions
- Place the mini green band around the arch of the feet
- Hinge over so that the chest faces the floor, but the upper and lower back are neutral or arched
- Knees slightly bent
- Using the glutes, push off one foot stepping the other foot away (and creating tension in the band)
- Continue walking sideways against the band
An under-used exercise to target the glutes. Sumo walks also require the hip hinge position which should be a staple in every training program
This full body workout is simple to perform at home and fast enough that it can be done during nap time. The exercises use a mini green band which helps give you the biggest bang for your buck when it comes to muscle engagement.
Use this fast full body workout at home to stay fit, active and healthy… and to help you keep up with the kids!