15 Minute Resistance Band Workout: Workout Anywhere
Only six exercises in this 15-minute resistance band workout! This total-body band workout can be done anywhere letting you get in a workout whenever you can squeeze it in. This 15-minute band workout places a special emphasis on the posterior chain (back of the body) to strengthen the glutes too!
Why Moms Need Resistance Bands
If you're in need of short, effective workouts that are going to strengthen and tone your muscles, you need resistance bands.
Resistance bands help:
- cut travel time because you can workout anywhere
- are cost-effective
- don't take up space
- provide external resistance so you can reap the benefits of resistance training
Resistance bands are one of my my top four pieces of workout equipment because they're just so easy for busy moms. You can grab a yellow resistance band at Prosource and use code mamabearfit to save some money.
15 Minute Resistance Band Workout
Only three rounds in this at-home workout and six exercises to make it a full-body workout. This quick band workout targets your whole body but has a special emphasis on the back of the body like the glutes muscles to help improve posture.
- Resistance band deadlift x10
- Single arm band row x10
- Slider crunches x30s
- Crossack squats x10 total
- Band kickback x12/leg
- Side planks with push-ups 10sx4
Need help getting started? Check out the Busy Mom's ULTIMATE GUIDE To Working Out At Home. I created this guide to give moms everything they need to start working out at home. Thus, this blog post answers many common questions moms have when starting a workout routine- so you can get started, the right way!
Form Tips For This Resistance Band Workout At Home
Don’t forget to make sure your form is spot on and that you’re activating the muscles you should be!
This at-home workout is a circuit workout which means you perform each of the exercises back to back for the prescribed repetitions. After you work your way through, take a rest to catch your breath and repeat for a total of three times.
Resistance Band Deadlift
- Do not round your back
- Move through the hips not the knees
- Lockout the glutes at the top
Single Arm Band Row
- Sit upright
- Keep shoulders away from ears
- Pinch the shoulder in when pulling back
- Lift your hips higher for the crunch
- Pull in using your core
- Do not drop the low back when pushing legs out
- Keep the heel on the floor the whole time
- Turn the toe of the straight leg to the ceiling
- Sink back and then down
Quadruped Band Kickbacks
- Keep a neutral back (no major arching)
- Move through the hip/glute, do not move the back
- Keep the foot low
Side Planks With Push Ups
- Really engage the glutes and obliques
- Keep the shoulders away from the ears
Think you need a more structured approach? Learn How To Get Strong AF, a workout e-book that takes you through four months of progressive (building on each other) workouts.