Thoughtful & Unique Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas For Moms: Sustainable Gift Ideas
With over 25 unique eco-friendly gift ideas for moms, I’m sure you’ll find something you love. There’s something for every budget in these eco-friendly gift ideas for her from subscription boxes to stocking stuffers. Likewise, support your zero waste mom and the environment with these zero waste gift ideas and even get some ideas for eco-friendly gift wrapping!
Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas For Mom
If someone you know is “going green” it may be a bit overwhelming to shop for them! Thus, remember, “going green” can include a lot of changes or just a few! There’s no perfect system out there. Unfortunately, there are a lot of gimmicks out there as well as some pricey options to “get started”.
However, what I’ve learned from my years as a hippie is that it’s the nifty, neat, unique eco-friendly Mother’s Day gifts, that mean the most. Similarly, I adore getting being inspired by zero waste gift ideas I hadn’t thought of and coming up with new ideas.
Also shopping eco-friendly gift ideas for her is such a nice way to treat your friends and other moms to show them that you embrace and support their passion. Though, spa-style, homemade gifts are always amazing too.
I’ve tried my best to provide a wide variety of eco-friendly gift ideas for mom at different price points so you can easily find something that your green-loving friend doesn’t have – even if that means grabbing a gift card to their favorite Etsy shop.
Considering this, one thing I’m surprised many eco-friendly hippy friends of mine don’t have are some really cute, wood chopping boards! So these are now my go-to gift for my eco-friendly friends!
Now, total disclosure: I don’t have everything on this list. Some of these products are eco-friendly gift ideas for her that are on my own wish list! Indeed, I really, really want some new, unique, recycled jewelry like this AMAZINGLY calming wave bracelet, and I have an obsession with terrariums haha so those are on there too!
My Favorite Eco-Friendly Gift Idea
However. my all-time favorite zero waste gift idea on this list and something that would be so thoughtful for any mama (but especially one who loves all things eco-friendly!) would be an Earth Love Gift Box! With both seasonal options or building your own, Earth Love has a box for everyone.
Specifically the boxes are filled with natural, eco-friendly, self-care products that I quite literally dream about. Essential oils, body butters, teas, and herbs. Seriously, the best gift ever.
Pin this collection of eco-friendly gift ideas for mom and anyone else going green in your life!
Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas For Her From Amazon
(Prices are accurate as of posting – they may have increased or decreased since then. Thus, please let me know if any items come up as no longer available and I can make an alternative suggestion.)
- Sprouted Pencils (Mindful Edition) – Not only are you growing something from a pencil but these specific pencils are engraved with mindful messages. Further, plant it where you spend the most time and be reminded of the message daily!
- Metal Straws $10.97– A classic gift for anyone who doesn’t yet have them. We keep ours in our bike bag for when we’re out and about!
- Recycled Yoga Mat $43.99– for the yogi in your life I have heard that this mat is amazing. Indeed, it’s the perfect density and not slippery. Plus, this particular one is… unicorn styled! Seriously, is there anything better?
- Soap Nuts $15.99– for anyone looking to switch over their laundry to an eco-friendly option this one is perfect! I’ve used soap nuts on and off for years and always have some on hand
- Recycled Journal $39.99– promote mindfulness and green living! We all need a way to get our thoughts out and this journal helps with exactly that.
- Stainless Steel Lunch Stackers $15.99– this stack-able lunchbox is an awesome way to go green and to save space!
- Reusable Water Bottles $9.99– stop buying bottled water. Just stop. Regarding this, grab an eco-friendly bottle and never forget to take a sip.
- Coconut Bowls Set $37.50 – Authentic coconut bowls made in Thailand and the perfect item for large smoothie bowls or salads. Super cute for anyone who loves hosting or moms who truly “eat with their eyes”.
- Eco-Friendly Phone Case $19.99 A cute gift and a practical one! Likewise, it’s anti-slip, anti-fingerprint, and made from wheat straw.
Customized Eco-Friendly Mother’s Day Gifts From Amazon
- Personalized Coffee Mugs $49.99– not only will you reduce your footprint by making your own coffee but this cute coffee mug can be personalized! Such a thoughtful gift.
- Engraved Bamboo Coasters $21.99 Go for something thoughtful, motivational, or entertaining. Regardless, customized coasters can provide some fun
For The Green Thumb Eco Mama From Amazon
- Mini Indoor Herb Garden $15.99– a great way to save on packaged herbs is to have them fresh on hand!
- Herb Garden Starter Kit $160– So cute! A great way to start indoors and transfer easily. It includes seeds, burlap bags, potting soil discs, sheers, everything you need.
Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas For Mom From Etsy
- Rustic Wooden Coasters With Inscriptions – So beautiful and depending on what’s put on them- so calming!
- Custom wood chopping boards a great way to personalize something used every day.
- Beeswax Candles – make the house smell amazing! Indeed, beeswax candles need no scent, the natural smell of honey is intoxicating.
- Smudge Sticks – if the mom you’re shopping for is in full hippie style these are truly thoughtful
- Eco-Friendly Facial Wipes – a great way to remove makeup, grime, and generally keep clean. These are unbelievably soft and perfect for your skin.
- Boho Bookmarks – for the reader in your life. These bookmarks are adorable, soft, and no too big.
- Air Purifying Plant Kits – adding more plants to the house is never a bad thing. Likewise, this kit makes them cute and unique.
- Upcycled Scrunchies – from one scrunchie fanatic to another, scrunchies are the way to go! Cute, unique, and way less harsh on your hair.
- Recycled Jewelry– this bike bracelet is one of a kind and really cool!
- Reusable Tea Bag – keep it simple. No need to have a new bag for every brew. Just rinse and repeat. Looking for more? I have a whole gift guide dedicated to the tea lovers in your life.
- Bamboo Tea Tumbler – cut back on ordering tea and bring your own with you in this natural, bamboo tumbler.
- Eco-Friendly Starter Kit – AMAZING for anyone just getting started on their journey. It comes with practical, every day swaps which helps you start living green.
Eco-Friendly Kitchen Gifts From Etsy
- Beeswax wraps – a busy mom necessity. I use this to store just about everything in our kitchen!
- Nut Milk Bag – a simple way to start enjoying pure, plant-based milk!
- Reusable Coffee Filters – something used every day which means having a reusable one makes a huge impact on the environment! Or grab a bamboo french press and omit the filters!
- Snack Bags– an easy way to cut out ziplock bags, just replace it with an eco-friendly one!
All-Natural Beauty Products
And of course, you can always give the gift of natural beauty and pampering! I absolutely adore getting anything from Primally Pure. All-natural skincare products that use ingredients I can both pronounce and purchase (which is super important to me!).
I have a legit obsession with their blue tansy face cream but you can read more about my favorites and why I’ve fallen in love with them. Use code mamabear10 to save yourself some money if you see something you like!
Ideas For Eco-Friendly Gift Wrapping
If you’re going to go to the trouble of sourcing the perfect eco-friendly gift for mom, it only makes sense that you should make eco-friendly gift wrapping as a priority as well!
Below are some creative ways to wrap your presents while still maintaining the green living theme:
- use a scarf or piece of cloth
- parchment paper is a great alternative to store-bought gift paper and still looks beautiful (old newspaper works too if you’re not as concerned about the appearance)
- reusable produce or nut milk bags (plus, double gifting!)
- use jars and glass containers where possible
- “Santa Sacks” – my mom always did this, she’d sew red sacks for Christmas gifts
Do you have any awesome eco-friendly gift ideas for her that would be a good addition to this post?
For more awesome gift guides, check out my gift guides for Tea Lovers or Fitness Fanatics!