Easy Healthy Egg Muffins
Savory and loaded with vegetables, this egg muffins recipe makes a healthy breakfast. These egg muffins have a slightly cheesy flavor but without the dairy, thus making them whole30 approved.
Servings 12 muffins
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup broccoli finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
In a large bowl crack the eggs and whisk in the egg whites.
Add in the seasonings and baking powder and mix well.
Stir in the almond milk.
If you haven't already, chop the broccoli and spinach and whisk into the bowl until coated.
Prep 12 muffins tins with either non-stick spray or silicone muffin cups.
Portion the batter into each cup making sure to get an even ration of veggies and eggs.
Bake in the oven for twenty minutes then rotate the pan.
Bake another 18-20 minutes until cooked through.
Remove from the oven and let cool in pan.
- Cook the egg muffins in silicone muffin cups. Otherwise, they will stick to the sides and have trouble coming out. Similarly, cooking them in paper cups makes them hard to peel off when re-heating
- Chop the veggies very small so that there are no large chunks and everything cooks through (especially important if the muffins are for very young toddlers)
- Let the muffins cool in the pan slowly so that they don’t deflate immediately out of the oven
Calories: 47kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 263IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg