Refreshing Green Breakfast Smoothie (Healthy, Paleo, Whole30)
Loaded with fuel this healthy breakfast smoothie without banana is a sure-fire way to kick off the morning
- 1/8 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 2 figs dried
- 1/2 lime freshly squeezed
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 scoop collagen powder
- 1 tbs hemp hearts
- 1/8 cup coconut milk from the can
- 8 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- Tip: if you don't have a high powdered blender you may need to use a tamper.
- Opt for freshly squeezed juices in place of anything from a box.
- This smoothie comes out a bit tart from the lime, so if you prefer a sweeter flavor, scale back the lime juice slightly and increase the orange juice.
- You can easily use a vegan protein powder in this healthy breakfast smoothie in place of the collagen. Know that this will alter the flavor and texture of the smoothie depending on the brand you choose. Likewise, it will also void it as a whole30 recipe.
- Nutrition breakdown varies depending on which collagen powder is used.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 523mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1629IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg