Easy Baked Apples With Oat Stuffing
Indulge in fall flavors with these easy stuffed apples! Made with nourishing ingredients, dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan, this healthy brunch recipe is a hit with everyone!
Servings 6 Apples
- 6 apples
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon coconut
- Coconut Whip & Extra Syrup For topping, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Chop the top off the apples and core the insides with a small paring knife. Line a baking pan with tinfoil and place the apples right side up.
Bake for twenty five minutes or until tender.
While the apples are baking, prep the oatmeal.
In a small pot combine the oats, chia, flax, cinnamon, nutmeg and almond milk.
Heat over medium heat until a rolling boil starts.
Mix to combine. Cook for two minutes and cover with a lid until apples are done.
Remove the lid to the oatmeal and mix in the three tablespoons of syrup and walnuts.
Carefully portion the oatmeal into the apples. Top with coconut and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Place in the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes.
Remove, let cool slightly and enjoy!
- Find the best place to grab the ingredients from my pantry staples!
- To make the apples more indulgent (for dessert) top them with coconut whip cream and an extra drizzle of maple syrup
- You can make the apples ahead of time and place them in the fridge. Reheat them on low until warm.
- Nutritional breakdown does not include coconut whip cream
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 331mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 1mg