Paleo Pumpkin Waffles Recipe
Made with all the flavors of pumpkin pie but also with a healthy twist. This healthy pumpkin waffle recipe makes a great cozy morning brunch recipe or just an everyday healthy breakfast idea
Servings 5 waffles
- 1 cup almond flour blanched
- 1 tbs arrowroot powder
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs coconut oil measured solid then melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/8 cup honey
Pre-heat the waffle maker to high and grease. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
Whisk in the eggs, coconut oil, pumpkin, and honey together until smooth. Pour into the bowl of dry ingredients and combine.
Stir in the almond milk. Let sit for 3-5 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb.
Portion out four waffles into the Heritage Rock Waffle Maker. Make sure there's no thin spots.
Close the lid fully and let cook for 11 minutes (if you like your waffles crispy, cook for another five minutes).
Open the waffle maker and use a silicone spatula to remove the waffles. Pour any remaining batter to make the last waffle and repeat cooking instructions.
Top with your favorites and enjoy!
- make sure to let the mixture sit for a few minutes after mixing the ingredients together. This will allow the flour to absorb the liquid
- Take caution to use almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal will have a grittier texture
- The waffles come out fluffy and light after 11 minutes. if you prefer your waffles crispy, cook them for an additional five minutes.
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2542IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 1mg