Vegan Tofu Scramble
A tasty, breakfast recipe idea this vegan tofu scramble is veggie-based, gluten-free, and loaded with fueling ingredients.
Servings 2 people
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion diced
- 1 carrot peeled & grated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 block tofu
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon salsa
Prep and portion all veggies and spices.
Place the oil into a large pan and heat slightly over medium heat. When the pan is hot add in the garlic and onion. Let cook for five minutes until onions are softer.
Add in the remaining veggies and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes.
While the veggies are cookies, mix the spices together in a small dish.
Pour half the spice mixture over the veggies and toss to combine. Cook uncovered 1-2 more minutes.
Remove the veggies from the pan and set them aside.
Crumble to tofu into the pan with your hands. Add in the remaining spice mixture, soya sauce, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast.
Sit to combine and cook until tofu is heated through and beginning to stick to the pan (about five minutes).
Add the veggie mixture back into the pan and the salsa. Mix to combine.]
Cook 3-5 more minutes. Remove from heat, portion, and top with your favorites!
- The vegetables are interchangeable. While the veggies listed give great color, if you want to switch them up (use broccoli etc) it will work
- The scramble can be made with eggs in place of (or as a half and half) the tofu if you’d prefer that
- The scramble will store once made in an airtight container for two days. Reheat on the stove.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 2293mg | Potassium: 700mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7590IU | Vitamin C: 82.5mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 4.4mg