These healthy paleo zucchini muffins make a tasty snack perfect for both kids and moms! Full of healthy ingredients and simple to make these little bites are a keeper
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil (measured solid)
- 5 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 small/medium zucchini shredded (about 1.5 cups firmly packed)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/8 + 1 tablespoon egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grind the walnuts into a chunky flour.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Heat the coconut oil and mash the bananas. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl (except the zucchini) and whisk.
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix until everything is coated. Mix in the zucchini.
- Line a muffin tin or use silicone baking cups and portion the batter into 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip the tray and bake for another 10 minutes. The muffins won’t look done but they do firm up a bit after sitting,
- Remove from oven and let cool for thirty minutes in the tins.