No Equipment Full Body Workout For Women (30 Minutes)
Strengthen and tone your body with this no equipment full body workout for women! This bodyweight workout can be done anywhere and targets the glutes and hamstrings predominantly. It’s an at-home workout that focuses on getting you STRONG in just thirty minutes.
This no-equipment workout for women focuses on the posterior chain and specifically the postural muscles! Meaning, this workout helps:
- lessen back pain
- improve posture
- get you mom strong
With a specific emphasis on the glutes and hamstrings this full-body workout can be done anywhere making it easy to squeeze in!
Exercises In The Workout
- Single leg Romanian deadlifts x30 seconds/leg
- Sumo Squats With Pause x40 seconds
- Down Dog Push-Ups x 30 seconds
- Hollow Body Hold x15 seconds x2
x 3 rounds
- Glute Bridge x25 repetitions
- Side-Lying Abductions x30 seconds
- Bear Crawls x30 seconds
x 2 rounds
Perform each exercise grouping back to back for the prescribed number or repetitions. Rest for 30-45 seconds and repeat for the sets listed.
Then, move on to the next grouping.
Are No Equipment Workouts Effective?
Training without equipment can provide just as good of results as using the equipment. The key element is using progressive overload (always progressing in some manner). This can be done by:
- altering reps and sets (overall volume)
- making use of paused reps
- training eccentrics
- progressing to harder variations of an exercise
- increasing intensity or heart rate
It’s not the equipment that makes a workout effective but the stimulus (just give this no equipment fat burning workout a go and you’ll see what a sweat you’ll work up!)
What Are Exercises That Don’t Require Equipment?
- curtsy lunges
- inverted pike
- step ups
- elevated glute bridges
- reverse planks
How Many Days A Week Should I Work Out?
This depends both on your current goals as well as your style of workouts.
Some workouts are more taxing on your system than others (like heavy lifting) and thus, less is more. Other workouts, especially low-impact workouts can be done more frequently.
A good place to start is to plan to work out 3-4 days per week and scale from there. On your non workout days, remember that staying active is crucial.
No Equipment Full Body Workout For Women Tips
Don’t forget to make sure your form is spot on and that you’re activating the muscles you should be!
If you’re new to working out at home, it’s engagement and activation that give you the best results. Not flying through the exercises.
Need help getting started? Check out the Busy Mom’s ULTIMATE GUIDE To Working Out At Home
Single-Leg Romanian Deadlift
- Hinge from the hips, do not start the movement from the knees
- Flatback- especially the upper (thoracic)area
- Feel a stretch in your hamstrings
Sumo Squats With Pause
- Drive the knees out with your glutes not ankles
- Do not hyperextend the low back
- Keep the weight in the heels not the toes
Down Dog Push Up
- Keep elbows tucked in on push up
- Keep hips squared
- Neutral neck (don’t look directly at floor in push up)
Hollow Body Hold
- Come into a pelvic tilt
- Squeeze Glutes
- Keep low back pressed down (no arching)
- Drive through your heels
- Use glutes, not the low back
- Do not flare the ribs
- Use the top glute
- Do not let the top hip rollback
- Flex the foot
- Start with the opposite hand to foot
- Start with small steps
Think you need a more structured approach? Learn How To Get Strong AF!
A workout e-book that takes you through four months of progressive (building on each other) workouts. These at-home workouts are made with busy moms in mind to help them get stronger, leaner, and feel awesome.