Legs and Abs Workout Plan – An At-Home Workout For Moms
A great way to boost strength and done in only fifteen minutes. This legs and abs workout plan requires minimal equipment and is perfect to squeeze into busy days. This leg workout is circuit based and thus will not only tone your legs but have you working up a sweat too!
Legs and Abs Workout Plan
This at-home leg workout is a great way for busy moms to stay fit. This legs and ab workout focus on muscles of the core (versus direct ab training). Placing the focus on your core helps you:
- improve posture
- carry kids easier
- be less imbalanced
Plus, training your balance doesn’t hurt either! These five exercises will help you get fit and mom strong. Plus, who doesn’t love a bit of an ab burn? Check out my favorite ab exercises using just a pair of sliders (or socks!).
Exercises In The Legs & Abs Workout
- Bulgarian split squats x8-10/leg
- Ab pass x8
- Overhead squat x10
- Mixing bowl x5/way
- Single leg curl x8-10
- Pike x8
Need help getting started? Check out the Busy Mom’s ULTIMATE GUIDE To Working Out At Home. I created this guide to give moms everything they need to start working out at home. This blog post answers many common questions moms have when starting a workout routine- so you can get started, the right way!
Need a swiss ball? Grab one here.
Equipment Needed For This Legs and Abs Workout Plan
This leg workout requires a stability ball (swiss ball) to complete. Stability balls are a great way to make a typical exercise more challenging and to improve your balance.
That said, if you don’t have a ball you can still rock the leg workout at home! Use the modifications below:
- Perform the split squats from a bench, chair or stair
- use dead bugs instead of an ab pass
- paused squats for overhead
- use socks on the hardwood floor for the curls
- opt for leg raises
There’s always a workaround when rocking at-home workouts so dive in and fire up those legs (or rock this 10-minute full-body slider workout!).
Form Tips For The At-Home Leg Workout
Don’t forget to make sure your form is spot on and that you’re activating the muscles you should be!
Perform each exercise without rest in order for the reps seen in the video. At the end of the set, take a 45s break and repeat the circuit for a total of 3-4 rounds.
Bulgarian Split Squat
- Bend the back knee towards the anchor
- Drive the right knee out over pinky toe by using glutes
- Hinge forward slightly at hips
- Come into and hold a pelvic tilt (low back on floor)
- Move slowly
- Do not let back arch
- Keep weight in heels
- Bring the ball back as far as possible with shoulder mobility
- Do not arch low back excessively
- Push through elbows to lift the chest
- Keep core engaged, do not let low back arch
- Do not shrug shoulders
- Use glutes to raise hips
- Keep the toes to the ceiling
- Raise hips high
- Bring legs as close to face as possible with hamstring flexibility
- Keep shoulders over wrists
And of course, if you need more (more support, more visual, more accountability), head over to my follow-along workout page! All you have to hit do is choose your workout, hit play, and work out WITH me.
Think you need a more structured approach? Learn How To Get Strong AF, a workout e-book that takes you through four months of progressive (building on each other) workouts.