Last updated on February 16th, 2019
How To Make Santa Cookies & Reindeer Treats
To me, Christmas eve has always been ever so slightly more exciting than Christmas Day itself. The anticipation leading up to Santa’s visit and the next day, the feeling of magic. I love it all. And my favorite part… cookies (check out these tasty gluten free sugar cookies). And while I previously had a lot of traditions, many of them changed with the arrival of my daughters 😉
Cookies For Santa
Santa Cookies & Coconut Whip
For The Cookies:
For The Whip:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk refrigerated upside down overnight
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grind the nuts into a fine flour. In a large bowl combine the first four ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, melt the coconut oil and combine the liquid ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry and mix until combined.
- Lay a piece of saran wrap on the counter and place dough into the center. Wrap into a ball and place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove the ball from the fridge and saran wrap. Lay the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll until 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Using cookie cutters, cut the dough into shapes and use a silicone spatula to lay the cookies onto a baking pan with parchment paper.
- The shapes are delicate so move slowly!
- Sprinkle the cane sugar on top of the cookies and bake for 13-15 minutes (13 if you like softer cookies).
- The cookies won’t look done. Remove them from the oven and let sit on the baking pan for thirty minutes before removing. This gives them time to firm up.
- Store in the fridge.
- Open can and scoop out only the solid coconut cream (not the water at the bottom) into a bowl (preferably chilled so the cream doesn't melt).
- Use an electric hand whisk to beat the cream until fluffy. Add in vanilla and beat a little longer.
- Return the whip cream to the fridge until ready to use. It will firm up in the fridge but soften at room temperature. Re-whip if needed.
- Place one cookie on a board. Top with a dollop of coconut whip cream. Place another cookie on top and top with a destemmed straw berry.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
Reindeer Food & Poem
I am obsessed with this plate & bowl combo my own mom got me for the girls. It is beyond cute and makes for the perfect Christmas tradition!
Along with the combo, she also printed me this poem. Baby bear and I make the reindeer food together and on Christmas Eve we definitely have some fun sprinkling it on the lawn!
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 tbs sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 tsp blue glitter
- 1/8 tsp green glitter
- 1/4 tsp silver glitter
Poem: Sprinkle on the lawn at night the moon will make it sparkle bright. Santa’s reindeer fly and roam this will help them find your home.