Every month I do a roundup with all of my friends about our trials and tribulations of mommyhood! Basically, everything that we thought we nailed but clearly failed at 😉 Here’s the list for last month- which mainly consists of some monster Christmas fails!
- Attempting to teach my daughter not to hit to get attention.. she’s started biting me in the leg instead. FAIL
- Splurged and got my daughter a tinkerbell doll from the Disney store. Truly believed she would be in love with it. Instead, she took the shoes off and played with just them the remainder of the day. FAIL
- Got my kids a play tent for Christmas, unfortunately the cat is convinced it was bought for her and it has now been an deemed “enter at your own risk” FAIL
- Went to great lengths to ensure my daughter would have her favorite foods for Christmas dinner. Only to be reminded (as she passed out) that we wouldn’t be awake for Christmas dinner. FAIL
- Let me son use a spoon (himself) for this yogurt. Turned around for one second and learned that he used this skill to spoon feed the cat FAIL
- Childproofed the corners in the living room with those stick on rubber things only to have my son pry them off to chew on them FAIL
- I wanted my daughter to really find a best friend in the dog so I always had them together. At 2.5 years old she now refuses to nap without the dog.. anywhere. The dog is a malamute and barely fits in the bed. FAIL
- Taught my daughter to feed the cats as her morning chore. Now, every (single) time she walks by the dish she reaches into the bag and gives them food. There’s food everywhere because they can’t eat fast enough (note: the food is kept in a closed closet but she still manages this). FAIL
- My daughter learned the cue “that’s garbage” so she cleans up, goes to the cupboard and puts it in the garbage. What she doesn’t understand is not everything is garbage. My car keys, the mail, notes and clothes all end up in the garbage. FAIL
- Trying to distract my son while changing his bum by giving him small things to play with. Looked down to get a diaper and everything I had given him was in the poop. FAIL
Don’t forget to pin this post so that other mamas can have a laugh at the Mommy Fails!
No one said parenting was graceful, smooth or pretty. All mamas fail and most of the time it’s hilarious! Never forget to enjoy the laughter in your mommy fail and of course… share it with others!
Looking for a few more laughs? Check out November’s #Mommyfails as well as 22 Lessons I learned in the first year my daughter as born.
Any funny mommy fails this month?
Want to submit your #mommyfail for next month’s list? Shoot it over to me here!