Last updated on July 26th, 2018
The Blogger Recognition Award
Wowzers! It’s super exciting and humbling to be nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award from not one but two other amazing bloggers! A huge shout out and thank you to both Hey Mommy and Moma Thrift for thinking of me for this award! You both run amazing blogs and I feel so lucky that we connected 🙂
As per the rules…
How Fit As A Mama Bear Began
Well the truth is, this blog has been both a long and short time in the making! If you haven’t read about my Journey To Health start here! But basically, I was a fast food junkie, a smoker and horrific physical shape. I didn’t change myself overnight but have been working consistently with small steps for the past decade. Within that time frame I switched careers, became a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist & Nutrition Coach and slowly became the crazy health nut I am today 😉
After spending the last few years in coaching and with the birth of my first daughter, I wanted to switch it up a bit and help people focus on all the little things they can do to improve their health. I’m a crazy health nut foodie and workoutj junkie but I realize that this path isn’t for everyone. With this blog I wanted to share ideas, recipes, tips and tricks to help others mamas on their path towards natural living.
I’ve learned there’s no such thing as being “healthy” because it means something different to everyone. So my advice is to take small steps, enjoy you day to day life and laugh at all the stumbles!
Stay active mamas xx
My Advice To New Bloggers
True blogging is hard work, so don’t under-estimate it.
That said, it’s beyond rewarding in so many ways! If you think you’re passionate enough about a topic- share it! Write what you love and what you do day to day.
You’ll soon find there is so much to do to get your blog up and going- but don’t freak out! Try not to overwhelm yourself and just slowly pick away at it.
Be consistent and true to yourself. Keeping your posting schedule consistent makes a huge difference to readers and promo.
Remember you’re awesome. With all the to-do’s it’s easy to shut own a bit. Just getting started it a huge step so always remember you’re awesome for taking it 🙂
Nominations To Fellow Bloggers
This is actually kind of fun because this way I can share with you other blogs that I personally follow and love! Below are a list of blogs I rely on to keep me sane. I love them. Some I’ve been following for years and some are new but all of them have some butt kicking information!
- Joy from Joyous Health – I’ve been following Joy for four years now and have learned so much.
- Angela from Oh She Glows– the best vegan recipes you’ll ever find
- Katie from Chocolate Covered Katie
- Rebecca from Strength & Sunshine
- Mindy from Mindy Fresh Blog
- Emily from Crunchy Mama Science
- Brynn from The Domestic Dietician
- Caroline from Swaddles & Bottles
- Ambar from Mama Bird Wellnest
- Casey from Casey The College Celiac
- Kathy from Finding Vegan
- Katie from Wellness Mama
- Lucy from MBA To Motherhood
- Chrystal from Gluten Free Palate
- Kaila from The Healthy Helper
Rules Of The Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.